In the restaurant industry, things must carefully be planned out. A well-designed kitchen, bar, and floor plan is paramount to your success as an establishment. When we talk about designs, one might think solely about the visual appearance. Seems natural. But functionality is the name of the game here.
Brand and Concept
Coming up with your establishment’s brand identity is most certainly difficult these days. With such an oversaturation in foodservice niches, it can be overwhelming to try and choose a unique concept. However, there are a few questions you can ask yourself to make the process a little easier:
- What message are you trying to convey?
- Do you want customers to feel a specific way?
- Which design trends do you want to follow?
- How are you going to compliment the menu with your atmosphere?
How your equipment is laid out isn’t simply for aesthetic purposes. Your business needs to adhere to a series of guidelines:
- What total space are you working with?
- Is your layout space up to code?
- What equipment needs to fit in?
- Is there room for flexibility?
Efficiency and Economy
Your customers will see your restaurant as a reflection of what to expect as far as service goes. Having an efficient setup and economy is key:
- Are your employees able to work in a quick and orderly fashion?
- How about your equipment? Is it cost-effective for what you need to accomplish?
- Are costs being carefully monitored and reduced where need be?
- Is energy-efficiency a priority?
Once you’ve answered all these questions, you’re well on your way to realizing your vision, and owning/operating a successful foodservice establishment!
If you are looking to open your own restaurant or searching for renovations, we’ve got you covered. Get a free quote today!